Foot Pain Doctor in New York, NY
Let Us Relieve You of Your Pain
If you suffer an injury or experience foot pain, you may be wondering if your condition is common, or more serious, requiring surgery to fix it. Our experts for foot pain in New York, NY, explain some common foot problems below and the types of surgery performed to treat them.
What Can Cause Foot Pain?
Foot pain and deformities can be caused by improper shoes, genetic abnormalities, or simply aging. The most common problems associated with foot pain include:
- Arthritis in the small joints in the front of your foot (known as metatarsophalangeal joints). Arthritis in these joints leads to inflammation and can dislocate the joint, which causes pain.
- Bunions – this is a bony bump that forms at the base of the big toe as a result of "hallux valgus." Hallux valgus causes deformity in the big toe joint as it bends towards the other toes. This is also the cause of hammertoes, which is when the smaller toes bend upward and become stuck in a claw-like position.
- Plantar fasciitis – inflammation of the muscle that connects the heel to the ball of the foot. This condition presents with pain in the arch of the foot while waking and is typically relieved with foot exercises, pain medication, and rest. In more serious cases, surgery may be necessary.
Do I Need Surgery to Heal?
Foot pain can often be resolved through at-home treatment methods. However, if these treatments do not resolve your pain, one of the following surgeries may be recommended:
- Metatarsal foot surgery can be performed on arthritic joints, depending on the severity of the injury. Our podiatrist will help determine if this surgery will help you.
- Bunion surgery may include an osteotomy – a surgery to straighten the big toe and metatarsals. This gets rid of the bunion bump and relieves associated discomfort.
- Plantar fasciitis generally does not require surgery. If your case of plantar fasciitis becomes severe, we release the plantar fascia from the heel bone with a simple surgery.
If you are suffering from foot pain or have experienced an injury, contact our office today. We can help get you back on your feet!
Let Us Help You Relieve Your Foot Pain in New York, NY, Today
To experience our award-winning podiatric care, schedule your New Patient Consultation today by calling (646) 657-0070. You may also click here for our convenient online form. Your appointment includes the following:
- Discuss Your Goals
- Have All Your Questions Answered
- Complete Examination
- Custom Treatment Options
During your appointment, we will take the time to answer all your questions about our advanced treatments, cutting-edge technology, and anything else you may want to know about us!