Foot Pain Doctor in Manhattan, NY
We Can Relieve Your Pain
Most people don't worry about their feet until they suffer an injury or experience foot pain. If you have foot pain, you may be wondering if it is serious, if your condition is common, and if your condition will require surgery. Our experts for foot pain in Manhattan, NY, explain some common foot problems below and the types of surgery performed to treat them.
What Causes Foot Pain?
Foot pain and deformities can be caused by genetic abnormalities, improper shoes, or simply aging. Common problems that cause foot pain include:
- Arthritis in the small joints in the front of your foot (known as metatarsophalangeal joints). Arthritis in these joints leads to inflammation and can dislocate the joint, causing pain.
- Bunions – this is a bony bump that forms at the base of the big toe as a result of "hallux valgus." Hallux valgus causes deformity in the big toe joint as it bends towards the other toes. This is also the cause of hammertoes, which is when the smaller toes bend upward and become stuck in a claw-like position.
- Plantar fasciitis – inflammation of the muscle that connects the heel to the ball of the foot. This condition presents with pain in the arch of the foot upon waking and is usually relieved with foot exercises, pain medication, and rest. However, in some cases, surgery may be necessary.
Surgeries for Foot Pain
Foot pain can often be resolved using at-home treatment methods. However, if these options do not resolve your pain, the following surgical options may be recommended:
- Metatarsal foot surgery can be performed on arthritic joints, depending on the severity of the injury. Our podiatrist will help determine if this is the best option for your condition.
- Bunion surgery may include an osteotomy – a surgery to straighten the big toe and metatarsals. This gets rid of the bunion bump and relieves associated discomfort.
- Plantar fasciitis generally does not require surgery. If your case of plantar fasciitis becomes severe, we release the plantar fascia from the heel bone with a simple surgery.
If you are suffering from foot pain or have experienced an injury to your foot, contact our friendly office today. We can help get you back on your feet!
Let Us Help You Relieve Your Foot Pain in Manhattan NY, Today
To experience our award-winning podiatric care, schedule your New Patient Consultation today by calling (646) 657-0070. You may also click here for our convenient online form. Your appointment includes the following:
- Discuss Your Goals
- Have All Your Questions Answered
- Complete Examination
- Custom Treatment Options
During your appointment, we will take the time to answer all your questions about our advanced treatments, cutting-edge technology, and anything else you may want to know about us!